Subscribe and get ALL
the Civil War News.
So many more articles in our print edition plus photos, letters, columns and more!
- 150th Appomattox Reenactment Event April 10-12
By Nancy Jennis Olds
WINCHESTER, Va. — Final planning for “The Long Road Home — 150th Appomattox,” the April 10-12 anniversary reenactment, was the focus of a March 7 workshop Lee’s Lieutenants organized for Confederate and Union leaders, medical staff, civilian living historians and the Appomattox County Historical Society.
Civil War News is a current events monthly newspaper published by Kathryn Jorgensen. She and her late husband Peter were community newspaper publishers,
collectors and history buffs. The newspaper was founded in 1974 by
Michael A. Cavanaugh as The Civil War Book Exchange.
Civil War News publishes:
- More than 600 coming event listings a year
- Extensive coverage of preservation efforts and threats at sites
across the country
- In-depth reviews of more than 200 Civil War books a year
- A monthly guest Preservation News editorial page column
- Regular columns on firearms by Joe Bilby, images by Ron Coddington and Civil War Round Tables by Matthew Borowick,medical by Jim Schmidt. We're happy to announce a new column by The Watchdog
- Photo coverage of reenactments
- Special sections with new year's coming events and unit & group recruiting ads in January, information about groups doing preservation fundraising in April, Gettysburg in July and Civil War books in November.
- AND news, photos, features, letters, researcher's needs and display and classified ads