|Click here to read the FREE 2015
Calendar of Events and
Annual Recruiting Directory!
Is Your Group Fundraising?
Feb. 27 is the deadline for the Civil War News 24th annual preservation fundraising directory.
All battlefield, site, flag, museum, monument and other preservation projects for which donations are solicited are invited. The listings are free.
Click here for details on how to submit
Subscribe and get ALL
the Civil War News.
So many more articles in our print edition plus photos, letters, columns and more!
Franklin, Tenn., Commemorates 150th Battle Anniversary
By Gregory L. Wade
FRANKLIN, Tenn. — The Battle of Franklin’s 150th anniversary was remembered with a wide variety of events. Middle Tennessee’s musical heritage was put on display when country and bluegrass artists performed part of a three-album collection of new music some of which is related to Franklin’s role in the war.
Monument Honors Minnesotans Who Fought At Nashville
By Jeffrey S. Williams
NASHVILLE, Tenn. — Members of the Battle of Nashville Preservation Society (BONPS) and the Minnesota Civil War Commemoration Task Force on Nov. 16 dedicated a new Civil War marker on Shy’s Hill.
Civil War News is a current events monthly newspaper published by Kathryn Jorgensen. She and her late husband Peter were community newspaper publishers,
collectors and history buffs. The newspaper was founded in 1974 by
Michael A. Cavanaugh as The Civil War Book Exchange.
Civil War News publishes:
- More than 600 coming event listings a year
- Extensive coverage of preservation efforts and threats at sites
across the country
- In-depth reviews of more than 200 Civil War books a year
- A monthly guest Preservation News editorial page column
- Regular columns on firearms by Joe Bilby, images by Ron Coddington and Civil War Round Tables by Matthew Borowick,medical by Jim Schmidt. We're happy to announce a new column by The Watchdog
- Photo coverage of reenactments
- Special sections with new year's coming events and unit & group recruiting ads in January, information about groups doing preservation fundraising in April, Gettysburg in July and Civil War books in November.
- AND news, photos, features, letters, researcher's needs and display and classified ads