Subscribe and get ALL
the Civil War News.
So many more articles in our print edition plus photos, letters, columns and more!
Restoration Of Fleetwood Hill At Brandy Station Begins
By Kathryn Jorgensen
BRANDY STATION, Va. — With a brick ranch house in its immediate sights, demolition equipment began removing modern intrusions on Fleetwood Hill at Brandy Station battlefield on Aug. 9
- Richmond’s American Civil War Museum In Design Phase
By Scott C. Boyd
RICHMOND, Va. – The American Civil War Museum (ACWM) in August released the overall site and specific conceptual plans for the 35,000-square-foot facility to be built at Tredegar, along the James River.
- Chancellorsville Project Includes Preserving Land
By Scott C. Boyd
SPOTSYLVANIA COUNTY, Va. – The Spotsylvania Planning Commission on Aug. 6 unanimously approved a development project that includes a proffer to preserve 420 acres of the Chancellorsville battlefield where Confederate forces led by Lt. General Thomas J. “Stonewall” Jackson smashed the Union 11th Corps in a surprise flank attack on May 2, 1863.
- License Plate $ To Help Pa. Monument Repairs
GETTYSBURG, Pa. — With Gov. Tom Corbett’s signing on July 2, the long-awaited specialty license plate that benefits preservation of Pennsylvania monuments at Gettysburg National Military Park became reality.
- New Tenn. State VA Cemetery Site Is Next To Parker’s Crossroads Battlefield
By Gregory L. Wade
PARKERS CROSSROADS, Tenn. — Gov. Bill Haslam along with Tennessee Department of Veterans Affairs Commissioner Many-Bears Grinder recently announced that the new state veterans cemetery will be in Parkers Crossroads.
Civil War News is a current events monthly newspaper published by Kathryn Jorgensen. She and her late husband Peter were community newspaper publishers,
collectors and history buffs. The newspaper was founded in 1974 by
Michael A. Cavanaugh as The Civil War Book Exchange.
Civil War News publishes:
- More than 600 coming event listings a year
- Extensive coverage of preservation efforts and threats at sites
across the country
- In-depth reviews of more than 200 Civil War books a year
- A monthly guest Preservation News editorial page column
- Regular columns on firearms by Joe Bilby, images by Ron Coddington and Civil War Round Tables by Matthew Borowick,medical by Jim Schmidt. We're happy to announce a new column by The Watchdog
- Photo coverage of reenactments
- Special sections with new year's coming events and unit & group recruiting ads in January, information about groups doing preservation fundraising in April, Gettysburg in July and Civil War books in November.
- AND news, photos, features, letters, researcher's needs and display and classified ads